GEOTECHNICAL DRILLING SERVICES
Numac has one of the most diverse Geotechnical drilling fleets in Australia. With six dedicated Geotech machines operate from our depots in Melbourne, Brisbane and Sydney. A mix of truck mounted and crawler mounted drilling machines allows us to access restricted metropolitan sites and remote regional areas effectively. All of our Geotech drillers are fully qualified with certificate III in Drilling operations and a minimum class 1 water well licence. We conduct works regularly on mine sites, tailings facilities, dams, and major infrastructure projects. With the addition of Sonic drilling rigs and Geoprobe mounted CPT systems we offer a full geotechnical solution for any investigation.
- Conventional coring NMLC
- Wireline coring NQ3, HQ3, PQ3.
- Track mounted compact machines for limited access locations.
- Vertical and angled holes.
CONE PENETRATION TESTING (CPT)
- NOVA CPT cone mounted on Geoprobe rig
- Operable on light track mounted machines for difficult access locations
- Anchor system to ensure rig stability
- Complete sampling and well installation with the same machine - No need to mobilise additional rigs!
SPT & SHELBY TUBE
- Fully automatic SPT hammers.
- Large and small track mounted machines with SPT capability.
- All SPT hammers enclosed in safety cage.
- Multi purpose sonic rigs with automatic SPT hammers.
- Shelby tubes (U-Tubes)
TUBEX AND CASING ADVANCE SYSTEMS
- PWT tubex (Simcas) system for advancing casing through fractured rock formations with air.
- HWT Casing advance allows fast continuous casing of unconsolidated formations with wire-line removal of the bit to allow sampling.
- Vibrating Wire piezometers (VWP)
- Water level monitoring wells
- Landfill thermocouple installation
PNUMATIC & HYDRAULIC PACKER TESTS
- Straddle Packer test equipment for pressure testing specific zones within cored holes once drilling is complete.
- Single packer system for pressure testing during coring.
- Mono pumps for constant pressure